How to download WhatsApp Messenger apk file latest version in 2020
Description of WhatsApp Messenger
Download WhatsApp free for Android, iPhone, Windows Phone, Blackberry and more
Downloading WhatsApp for free is one of the main concerns of thousands of users when they acquire a smartphone for the first time or change their device to a new one and that is precisely what we are going to try to explain in the lines that you will find below. However, we are going to do a brief review of the history of the service first, we are going to try to discover its beginnings, what it is and how to configure the app to be able to start talking to all our contacts easily, quickly and totally free.
As you well know, it is an instant messaging application that allows us to get in touch with all our friends, acquaintances, relatives and other contacts that we have stored in our mobile phone’s agenda. In addition to being able to talk to them through unlimited text messages. It also allows us to send and receive multimedia content (photos, images and videos), as well as audio notes, locations, share contacts and much more.
Recently, the guys from the company have integrated a new and revolutionary function that allows all users of the messaging service to call all contacts who have the app updated to the latest version for free through the app , something that surely be so in all cases, since fortunately most smartphones allow you to update your applications automatically and instantly.
A bit of history and … Download WhatsApp for Free!
WhatsApp comes from the English expression of “What’s Up!” which roughly means “What’s up?”, a phrase widely used among young Americans and widespread among the English population. Many users know the instant messaging application as “Wasap”, “Whatsup” or even “Wasa”. In fact, the term Wasap has already been accepted in the RAE to refer to it.
The company was born in 2009 headed by Jan Koum and since then it has not stopped growing for a single minute . A few months after his birth, he received a notorious investment worth 10 million dollars from the guys at Sequoia Capital, which gave the company a great boost to expand on all existing platforms at that time and become known among the public. younger.
In 2013, it experienced great growth that forced them in March 2013 to announce that the Android version would from that moment be an annual paid app , something that greatly displeased all users of the Google platform and made them lose a lot of number of active users who opted for other free alternatives with better support.
A purchase that completely changes the trajectory of the courier service
However, on February 19, 2014, it was announced that Facebook, created by Mark Zuckerberg, had bought WhatsApp for a total of 19,000 million dollars , although the company would continue to have the same professionals and the company would remain as a company independent but capitalized by Facebook.
At present, it is important to understand that getting this free app is the most common thing in the world. It is the largest instant messaging application on the planet and has recently managed to reach the chilling figure of 1,000 million active users per month , a figure much higher than the rest of the competition that little by little see how they are moving away from reaching the records of the same and they end up stopping their attempts. According to the developers themselves, the figure could rise to 1,000 million users in the coming months, so we could say that the growth of “Wasap” is really impressive and that much better times are predicted.
WhatsApp for Android has never been so easy to download. And it is that thanks to the appearance on the scene of the Google Play Store, the official application store for Android of the all powerful Google, it has greatly facilitated the installation of apps and games for our devices. Thus, we can download it for free on Android easily and in just a few minutes , something that we are going to explain step by step below:
- We access the Google Play Store from our Android devices.
- Once there, we simply have to go to the search engine of the Google application store (the magnifying glass) and enter the name of the app to download and install there.
- It will be then that all the results referring to the search carried out will appear and we will see how the first result of all is the official app for Android , so we will continue to click on the button that says “Install” and follow the steps that appear. onscreen.
- Then it will begin to download on your Android device so we will have to wait for the popular instant messaging app to download and install, something that will happen in a few minutes.
- Once the app is installed, we will simply have to click on the icon and there we will have to start configuring it : entering our phone number when asked, waiting for the activation, defining a name so that others see said nickname when they receive a message from us, profile picture …
Getting WhatsApp for iPhone is also a very simple task since like Android devices (or vice versa, since Android as we know it today was born after the iPhone) we have the App Store, the largest mobile application store for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and now the Apple Watch. So, let’s see how we can have it on iPhone easily and totally free:
- Getting free WhatsApp for iPhone is very simple. We must first of all access the App Store, Apple’s application store for your iOS devices.
- Once inside, we will see that there are different tabs in the lower menu of our screens. Featured, Hits, Explore, Search and Updates, etc. So we will go to the “Search” tab and there we will enter the name of the app.
- First of all, the official WhatsApp Messenger app for iPhone will appear. We simply have to click the button on the right “Get” to download and install the popular messaging app.
- We will have to enter the data of our Apple ID account (if requested) and we will wait a few seconds for the installation of the app to finish. The download and installation speed may depend on our connection.
- Once the download and subsequent installation is finished, we will simply have to exit the App Store by pressing the Home button on the iPhone. We will look for WhatsApp on the springboard of the Apple smartphone. Once found, we will click on the link and continue with the steps that will indicate on the screen where we must enter our phone number to activate our account and other steps.
Getting WhatsApp for Windows Phone , as in Android and iPhone, is really easy. The steps to follow are very similar since Windows also has a personalized application store. This has been baptized as Windows Phone Store, where we can find a large number of apps and games for our Windows Phone:
- To download it on Windows Phone we must mainly access the Windows Phone application store , baptized as Windows Phone Store, which we can find in the main menu of our smartphone.
- Once inside, we must use the app’s search engine to find it easily .
- When the search results appear, we simply have to access the first of all the results obtained and click on the button that says “Install”, depending on the version of the operating system you have.
- When you finish downloading the app and the installation is complete, we will simply have to access the messaging app and follow there all the steps that are requested (phone number, image, display name …)
There is also a version compatible with Blackberry , all you have to do is follow the steps that we will mention below. It is worth mentioning that the support of the app for Blackberry has been discontinued. So the version that we can find will be out of date. Even so, we can continue to use WhatsApp on Blackberry safely, although we must be aware that we will have more limitations than the other platforms.
- The first thing we have to do is download it for free for Blackberry . For this, we have several options. We recommend that you do it from the Blackberry AppWorld (the official application store of the mobile platform).
- Then we must select the corresponding button to start the download and subsequent installation on our BB.
- We will introduce our Blackberry ID (email and password).
- The download and installation will start automatically. So in a few minutes we will have WhatsApp on Blackberry quickly and safely.
Following all the steps that we have left you in the previous lines, we can download WhatsApp for free. We can do it for any compatible platform: Android, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Nokia, Symbian and many others. If you have any questions, suggestions or just want to express your opinion about this messaging service, use the comments below.